Hostess Gift Ideas BetterCT Segment

Better CT Last Minute Gift Ideas! CLICK ON LINK BELOW!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today I share a Fabulous Inspiration!


After scrolling around the blog world I came across this amazing brave and strong woman. I read her stories and cried. I was so so touched by her writings that I had to contact her and ask if I could write and feature her on my site. She welcomed me with open arms. I am truly blessed to have found her. Her name is Jacki and she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004. While on her site one story struck me and it was the one she wrote to her doctor. Jacki gave me permission to share it with you.

Dear Dr. Lynch,

You don’t know this, but tears fill my eyes every time I drive to see you. It happens as I head east on Archer Road, right as that big Shands hospital comes into sight and just before I plant my feet in your waiting room and begin contemplating the reason you and I know each other. These are not sad tears, though. They are “Gosh, I am so glad I fell into your hands” tears. They are simply my body’s way of conveying what words cannot.

Thank you, my friend, for rescuing me from the doctor who told me to toughen up when my blood counts numbered 700, for telling me Taxol was not the drug for me (I knew it wasn’t!), for signing me up for the hopefully-life-saving Herceptin, for fielding my endless questions and worries, for helping fund my run (your name on a pink ribbon, October 24), for giving me another clean bill of health today and for so much more.

See, words just can’t sum it all up.

It’s happening again.

Tears.

In good health (yours and mine),

Jacki


I am fortunate to know such a strong,brave,positive woman. She's a Mother,Writer,Survivor.
I want to thank Jacki for allowing me to feature her. She truly is Fabulous. I would love for all my Fab friends to head over to Jacki's site and leave her a comment and tell her how Fabulous she is.. Spread the Love for me. I send Kisses to Jacki and her beautiful family. You were my inspiration today and will always be. I have learned after losing my sister in law to the disease, That no matter how bad things get ,to still hold your head up high and remember to smile,because it will ALWAYS get better. Go now and read her journey. It will make you re- program your thoughts. Enjoy each and everyday. Appreciate every aspect of your life. We only get one shot ,let's make it the best. XO Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails